**Due to a non-disclosure agreement, some content and unique identifiers have been excluded or obfuscated. All information in this case study is my own and does not reflect the views of the company**

As the Opus team approached the launch of our MVP, we began to take stock of our current digital footprint and came to the conclusion that our current website no longer suited our business goals and objectives or the evolution of our brand since the platform’s beta launch.

My Role:

For the redesign I lead the visual design and copywriting efforts. Additionally, I worked alongside a lead front-end developer and members of the business development team to fine tune our customer acquisition funnels.


At the project’s onset, the team outlined two goals for the redesign:

  • Create user acquisition funnels that aligned with our business goals and objectives
  • Convey a more mature brand identity


For the site redesign, the team divided the project into three phases.

  1. Outlining the business needs/objectives
  2. Developing the site content/marketing copy
  3. Final visual design

After outlining the business objectives we created a final site map to ensure everyone was on the same page. We then created wireframes to determine general layout. Our wires also doubled as a template for our marketing copy which was finalized before starting the visual design phase. Finally, we created pixel perfect comps that were annotated where necessary and handed off to our front-end developer.

Evolving the Opus Brand

While the Opus platform was in beta we had used the original informational website that we had launched after winning the NYC music tech Startup Weekend event. Since then, our brand and product vision had evolved and we sought to showcase when re-imagining the sites visual design.

Refining our User acquisition funnels

Just like the Opus brand had evolved over time, so had our user acquisition strategy. To reflect the change, the team set out to refine our acquisition funnels and the way we measured conversions.